It is a lesser known fact that doors are influenced largely by climatic conditions and regions. Interestingly, some doors are resistant to humidity, whereas others are made of material which cannot thrive in humid places. If you think that door frames are available only in materials, such as steel and aluminium, then you are just partially right. There are a number of other materials, including glass, aluminium and fibreglass from which beautifully crafted door frames are made. Wooden furniture Dubai is unique, exquisite and class apart. Woodworks Dubai is a creation of skilful and creative minds.
Best Types of Doors Depending On the Weather Conditions:
- Wooden Doors: Wooden doors alone cannot withstand moist weather. Wood is a component that occurs naturally in the lap of Earth. Many may not know this but without the addition of some or other kind of element to the wood, it deforms and changes its basic shape. A specific percentage of either veneer or finish is added to the wood to preserve its naturality. If wood is exposed to moisture, then it expands in size and does not shut that easily. Obviously, drying the wood is a simple process but it needs a non-wet area.
The modern day door frames are built up with a insulation characteristic that does not allow wood to absorb moisture which results into its rotting. Wooden door frames are more suitable in dryer climates as compared to sea level places. In moist regions, wood is subject to moisture which causes its swelling. Swelling of wooden door frames is a common phenomenon in such places.
- Steel Doors: If you are looking for which door frames withstand in the bad climatic conditions, then steel doors are the right choice. Yes, steel doors are apt for places with frequent thunderstorms and strong storms. An interesting fact about steel doors is that they are manufactured with a protective layer that can survive in moist conditions. But one of the major disadvantages of steel frames that they become intensively hot when exposed to direct sunlight or extreme heat.
- Aluminium Doors: Aluminium is one of the strongest materials when it comes to door frames. It has unique metallic attributes that invulnerable to rust. Aluminum door frames closely resemble steel doors in respect to many characteristics but there is one thing that differentiates both of them, it is the strength. Aluminum is blended with an alloy to combat windy conditions.
- Fiberglass Doors: Wondering, which type of door is ideal for humid places? It is the fiberglass doors. Fiber doors can be moulded in a way to appear like a natural material without affecting the end product to a large extent. Fibreglass doors are rarely used because of its expensive nature. They also demand a timely maintenance.
A Quick Summary:
- Wooden door frames are best suited for dry regions. Wood tends to swell in sea regions.
- Steel door frames are ideal for bad weather. Steel is a conductor of heat and tends to get exceedingly hot in direct light or high heat.
- Aluminium is the strongest door material in the industry. It is not prone to rust due to its metallic features.
- Fibreglass doors are the right choice for humid places. They are slightly expensive and may require a specialist to maintain them.
Also Read: Reasons Behind The Growing Popularity Of Wooden Doors
Now stop looking for the finest wooden furniture Dubai! Check out the appealing woodworks Dubai online and go for the ones that best suit your requirements and preferences.